Fixtures and Results
All the fixtures and Results for the current season

League Table
The league table for the current season

All match reports

The Ryman League
A history of the Ryman league

Fixtures, Results, Tables and Reports from previous seasons

Sponsors of Wealdstone FC


Ramsgate 2 - 2 Wealdstone

Another Saturday trip to the seaside saw the Stones come away with a point from the game at Ramsgate, clearly the players like the sea air as this follows two previous successful trips on the first day of the season at to Folkestone & more recently the visit to Hastings.

Stones had a horrible start conceding 2 in the first 15 minutes but showed the resolve and bottle to claw their way back into the game and even at the death they could have won it had Henderson's shot gone in instead of striking a post.

The game was just 2 minutes old when Lenny Piper crossed for Warren Schultz to place the ball past Carr in the Stones goal. Worse was to follow when on 15 minutes Dan Carr advanced out of his area to clear the ball but unfortunately he misjudged the bounce and this allowed the alert Piper to pounce to slot the ball into the empty net. Having conceded 2 such soft goals in consecutive games the travelling faithful must have wondered what was going to happen next. All credit to the players, heads didn't drop and only 4 minutes later Liam Henderson reduced the arrears with a delightful 25yard curling shot. The home side had plenty of the ball but were unable to do much as the Stones were continually hounding and closing the opposition down. On 38 minutes Stone drew level when the ball was worked into the area for Lee Chappell to slide the it past past the oncoming keeper.

The second half was a bit of a dour affair, both sides created the odd chance, Ryan Ashe touching on for Steve Hughes but the home keeper came out quickly to smother. Carr redeemed himself with an outstanding save from a Minshull effort. In injury time a Ryan Ashe overhead kick was half saved by Wilkerson and the ball fell into the path of James Gray whose effort hit the upright and nearly won the game. At the final whistle Ramsgate's Minshull appeared to headbutt Liam Henderson, then, inexplicably, former Stones keeper Paul Wilkerson ran a full 30 yards to pick up Henderson and the preverbal melee followed; when order was restored by the match officials the home keeper was red carded. The only player that was not involved was Minshull himself as he took off his shirt and walked off, avoiding the gaze of the officials.

Stones now have a run of games against teams in the lower half of the league where with the right discipline and approach should saw them move up the table. The fans can their bit by getting behind the team, with plenty of vocal support and encouragement. First up is Harlow Town on Tuesday night at Northwood Park

Carr, Yelland, Gross, Howell, Bennett, Ashe, Gray, O'Leary, Henderson, Hughes, Chappell SubsPapali, Montgomery, Delisser, Alexander(for Hughes, 84 mins.) & Nichols


Crowd: 285